One of our amazing shelter partners is looking for great homes for some great dogs! They are all in need of a loving home that will work with them to become amazing dogs. Check them out and see if one could be your new best friend!
- Don has quite the story and has traveled a long way. He was adopted from a shelter in Texas and lived with his dad. His dad did not have time for him and gave him to a friend from school. The friend came to Memphis and put poor Don out on the side of the road with his crate, bowls, leash, food, HW prevention, bed, and treats. Then she just drove off! A runner saw the whole thing happen and was able to scoop him up before he got to the highway. Poor guy!!!
- It appears his only trauma from that whole thing is he hates a crate when left alone.
- He is great with other dogs but can play a little on the rowdy side.
- He is an active dog that needs an active home where he will never have to worry about being left on the highway again. - He needs an outlet for his energy like most dogs of his breed.
- He is very smart and willing to learn.
Apply today for this amazing guy!!!
Breed: Heeler Retriever mix
Age: 1 year old
Weight: 39 pounds
Vaccinations: Up to date
Heartworm: Will update
BASED ON OUR OBSERVATIONS:
Good with Children: Unknown
Good with Dogs: Yes
Good with Cats: Passed initial cat testing. Not fostering with cats.
Adoption Fee: $475.00
IMPORTANT INFORMATION -
Paws New England is a foster-based rescue - our dogs reside in various locations throughout the south and New England.
Adoption donations cover pre-adoption vet costs (including vaccinations, spay/neuter when age appropriate, and heartworm testing/treatment when necessary), a microchip, and transportation to New England if necessary.
Donations for our young, healthy puppies and dogs support their fellow canines of advanced age or suffering from injuries and abuse whose donations are reduced but whose veterinary costs are typically much higher. We appreciate your understanding that your newly adopted dog will help others in need.